Power Meet 6
A community event for lifters of all backgrounds and experience levels 19 - 20 April 2019 Desert Barbell Sports Club, Al Quoz, Dubai
Registrations for the Power Meet 6 are now closed!
We received an overwhelming response If you did not enter, please feel free to join us on 19-20 April at Desert Barbell Sports Club to cheer on all the athletes. Entry is free for spectators!
About the eventOrganized by Desert Barbell and supported by the UAE Powerlifting Committee, the Power Meet follows the IPF classic rules, where the athletes compete in the three main compound movements - the squat, bench-press and the deadlift.
- Men: 59 kg, 66 kg, 74 kg, 83 kg, 93 kg, 105 kg, 120 kg, 120 kg+
- Woman: 47 kg, 52 kg, 57 kg, 63 kg, 72 kg, 84 kg, 84 kg+
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- "I am not strong enough to compete" There is no minimum strength requirement. This is your personal strength journey, whether you bench press 20kg or squat 300kg, we are here to support you and cheer you on all the same!
- What equipment is required? The only mandatory equipment is a singlet and any kind of sport shoe. All competitors are required to wear a singlet and 'sports shoes' when they compete. You may also use knee sleeves, wrist wraps and a belt. Knee wraps, squat suits and bench shirts are not allowed
- How do I enter? Registration is now closed, but please feel free to come past Desert Barbell Sports Club to add your name to the waiting list!
- How much does it cost? Registration is only 100AED and spaces are limited, Desert Barbell Sports Club members can enter the Power Meet for free but must complete the registration form for members
Interested in becoming a Sponsor?
The Power Meet is a great platform to promote your brand to sports and fitness enthusiasts. We limited the sponsorship opportunities to ensure each sponsor receives the best possible experience and exposure. Enquire now to learn more.
What else do you need to know?
- The Power Meet 6 is a tested meet. Athletes will be tested at random by the sports authority. Testing will be done for PEDs (Performance Enhancing Drugs). By singing up, you agree to these terms. In accordance with best practice, no less than 10% of athletes will be tested
- While we follow classic IPF rules, this event is not sanctioned by any federation. Our goal is to create a platform for everyone to enjoy the sport of Powerlifting. Please note! If you are a licensed lifter for any federation, including IPF, you are not permitted to participate in this meet. The Power Meet is strictly for non-licensed lifters.
- The Power Meet is supported by the UAEPC and the UAEBBF who support us to regulate the meet. Officials are provided by the UAEPC.