Date(s) - Friday/21/06/2019
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Desert Barbell Sports Club
Designed for beginners, the handstand workshop will be an opportunity for you to learn how to do a handstand!
So why learn how to do a handstand?
A handstand isn’t just a cool skill to be able to do but is also a good tool to get better body awareness, get over all body strength and to help with overhead strength.
Why should you attend this workshop?
Set out as a two part workshop, the first workshop will start with a 30 minute presentation on the basics of learning how to do a handstand followed by a 90 minute practical session where Coach Ine will guide you through the warm up and mobility drills and teach you exercises that you can do on your own to start progressing towards your first handstand!
The workshop will be led by Coach Ine and is free for members and AED100 for non-members.
The workshop is restricted to 20 participants and will start at 8am on Saturday 21 June and will finish at 10Am. Participants are welcome to continue with training after and make use of the facilities.
- Date: 21 June
- Timings: 8am-10am
- Equipment Requirements – sports clothing and closed sports shoe
- 30 mins – Presentation
- 90 mins – Demo and Practical with coaching feedback
Frequently asked questions
- Should I know the basics of a handstand? No need! The workshop is designed for beginners so we will help get you started
- I have already started learning, but haven’t done a handstand yet, is this for me? Yes it is. A supervised sessions can often help to identify any issues that might be holding you back
- Should I have a program? No need. While we recommend you download Coach Ine’s 4 week hand stand program for beginners to maximize your participation, this is not mandatory
Coach, Desert Barbell
Coach Ine has years of national and international weightlifting and gymnastics experience.
This event is fully booked.