Terms & Conditions for all Desert Barbell events
The following terms govern all events relating to Desert Barbell, including but not limited to all Power Meet competitions, workshops and the Classic.
- All UAE Nationals and residents are required to have the EBBF Athlete card to compete. The cost of the card is AED210. Athletes are required to contact the UAE EBBF and arrange for their card prior to the event. Alternatively, this can be purchased on the day of the competition. Desert Barbell is not responsible for the card or the process of acquiring the card.
- Power Meet is a drug tested competition. Up to 5 athletes will be chosen at random either on the day or after the competition. This is done in the interest of clean sports and fair play.
- Athletes caught for doping will receive a minimum two year ban on all local competitions, including all competitions run by Desert Barbell.
- Athletes caught for doping may face legal challenges from the relevant sport authorities in the UAE.
- If you are unsure, please visit the International Powerlifting Federation's (IPF) Anti-Doping page and WADA List of Prohibited Substances and Methods. We advise checking your regular supplements and pre-workouts to ensure they comply WADA (World Anti-Doping Authority) and the IPF's supplements guidelines. If you are still unsure, please speak to a member of the Desert Barbell staff.
- No refunds will be issued on entry fees under any circumstances. In completing payment you understand that your fee is non-refundable.
- If you are injured before the competition, or unable to attend due to special circumstances such as family related issues or illness, you must notify the organizers on email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entry will automatically be deferred to the next available competition. Each entry may only be deferred once.
- You will have an opportunity to change your weight class 2 weeks out from the competition.
- You must make weight on the day for the class you have signed up for, or subsequently changed to.
- If you do not make weight on the day you will not be able to compete.
- A schedule will be shared with all athletes prior to the competition. This will specify the weigh-in times for your weight class and group. If you miss the weigh-in time you will not be allowed to compete and you will forfeit your entry fee.
- Power Meet follows the IPF equipment rules for Classic lifting. This means only knee sleeves, belts and wrist wraps are permitted. These must fall inside the IPF guidelines for Classic lifting. Knee wraps and other supportive equipment is not allowed.
- Only IPF Approved equipment will be permitted for any and all competitions operated by Desert Barbell.
- A singlet must be worn by all athletes.
- Any athlete that shows up to the event displaying symptoms of COVID may not be permitted to enter. No refund will be granted in this case.
- A mask must be worn inside the venue at all times. Only competing athletes may remove their masks and only while competing.
- In the event you receive a positive result, you must isolate at home and follow the rules set out by the local authorities. Your entry will automatically be deferred to the next competition, provided you notify us by email of your positive result.
- If you test positive for COVID within 14 days following the event, you are legally bound to notify the organizers at email@example.com so that we may follow up with other athletes, volunteers and officials involved in your session.
- Desert Barbell competitions are sanctioned under the UAE Powerlifting Committee, which is affiliated with the IPF (International Powerlifting Federation). If you are currently registered or an active member with a federation outside of the IPF, then you are not eligible to enter the Power Meet or associated competitions. If you have previously competed in a powerlifting competition, please check what federation or organization this was associated with and check your membership status with them.
- You MUST be a registered IPF lifter to compete in our competitions. You can be registered in UAE or in your home country.
- In signing up for the competition, you agree that you are able to perform the movements and activities required to compete. Desert Barbell is not responsible for coaching, guiding or assisting you in any way.
- While Desert Barbell is responsible for insuring the event, athletes agree that their personal health insurance is kept up to date and that they are fully covered in the event that an injury or accident may occur.
- You agree to abide by the Club rules and respect the competition rules, equipment, staff, officials and fellow competitors at all times. Failure to do so, and should Desert Barbell management or event officials agree that a participant's behavior damages the integrity of the event, or endangers fellow participants, staff or volunteers, this will result in immediate expulsion from the event and a possible ban on future events hosted by Desert Barbell and its partners without any refund or recourse.
- You agree that the referees decision is final and cannot be changed after the event.
- Desert Barbell reserves the right to cancel or postpone an event should it be deemed necessary for the success of the event, or in the best interest and safety of the athletes, or on the request of local government authorities. In this case, your entry will automatically be moved to the next event.
- If Desert Barbell cancels the event without cause, all athletes will be refunded.