Following a successful 10 year career in Muay Thai, Alix founded and coached in Hong Kong’s first CrossFit box where he learnt from and trained with several of the best Powerlifting, Olympic Lifting and CrossFit coaches. Later, he brought his skillset to Dubai, combining it with his passion for nutrition and rehabilitation, working alongside the Middle East's top Physiotherapists at SHP where he was placed to work with many of the clients focused on improving body composition. Alix uses his extensive knowledge and competitive experience to inspire his clients. Professional and personable, Alix hopes to connect well with his clients, ensuring they learn the key principles of strength training, conditioning and nutrition, allowing them to achieve goals in both performance, body composition and lifestyle change.
Our strength training gym is 100% certified by Eleiko, a global leader in strength training. Our experience, knowledge and facility makes us the ultimate facility for strength training in Dubai for ALL skill levels, beginner to advanced athletes.
Our Coaches are here to support your journey of self-development, from one-on-one personal training to online programming, we are here to make sure you develop and grow.
Alix's qualifications include:
- BSc Sports Science
- ASET Level 3 Sports Therapist and Remedial Masseur
- CrossFit L1 Trainer
- CrossFit L2 Trainer
- McGill L1 and L2
- Lower Back Assessment and Rehab NASM cPT
- FRC and FR Spine Certified
Whether you are looking for dedicated powerlifting or weightlifting coaching, a general strength program or want to do a total transformation, our coaching staff has the experience to support you on this journey. We want to help you lift, learn and live better. We offer coaching services to both members and non-members, and we are able to train you both in-house at Desert Barbell Sports Club or at you a place more convenient to you.
Our Coaches can help with:
- Conventional Personal Training (one-on-one all-round training)
- Transformation programs – including nutrition advice
- Technical lifting screening (including video analysis and screening report for the Squat, Bench Press and Deadlift)
- Powerlifting or Weightlifting specific Programming & Coaching (inclusive of in-house coaching sessions)
- General Strength programs and coaching
- Online training