Registrations are now closed! Come and support the athletes on 28-29 September 2018 at the Park Inn by Radisson. Free entry for spectators
Date: 28-29 September 2018
Venue: Park Inn by Radisson Dubai Motor City
Join us for the region’s fastest growing powerlifting competition! Hosted by Desert Barbell, support by Aplyft and approved by the UAE Powerlifting Federation, this two-day event will see men and woman from all experience levels and backgrounds test their strength in the squat, bench-press and deadlift.
New for the Power Meet 5 is the ‘team’ event. How it works:
- Simply provide your team name when registering and we will automatically compile your team list
- Each team MUST consist of at least 2 women. All girl teams are allowed. Teams will be limited to 5 team members, with a minimum of 4
- Teams will be measured on total Wilks for a chance to win additional prizes
- There is no additional cost to register as part of a team
You do not need to be part of a team to enter. The individual winners in each category and weight class will always be the priority. The teams will just add a bit more competitive fun! If you do not have a team, just leave the field bank. You can always update it later!
The competition will follow ‘Classic’ rules meaning only the use of knee sleeves, wrist-wraps and belts are permitted. A singlet is required; however, woman may wear more conservative attire. Download the full rule sheet for more details!
Early bird registration fee is AED75 before 21 July and AED100 thereafter. Only 100 spots available!
Prizes to be announced soon!
Take advantage of preferred hotel rates. To book your stay simply email [email protected] with reference ‘desert barbell’. Rates starting from AED245 per night including breakfast.
Terms and conditions:
- Athletes compete at their own risk. EMS service will be provided on the day in case of any accidents or injuries
- Cancellation of your participation will only be accepted 4 weeks prior to the event (31 August). Any cancellation after 31 August is non-refundable
- Payment can be made via credit card online or via bank transfer. If bank transfer is chosen, payment must be made within 3 days to confirm your registration
- Athletes are required to read the rules prior to competing. In the interest of fairness and sportsmanship, Desert Barbell reserves the right to refuse participation of athletes who do not adhere to the rules without refund